It’s time to file for mayoral, city council and school board positions in Pleasanton and Poteet. As local citizens who know and love the communities you live in, you know what’s best for your fellow neighbors and your children. Applications to file for a place on the ballot opened on Jan. 13 for those wishing to represent their city or school board. Deadline to file an application is Friday, Feb. 12. Election Day is Saturday, May 1, 2021.
It is also time for locals to be studying carefully who they will vote for in the May election and making it a top priority to go vote.
As of 5 p.m. Monday, the following candidates have filed for the election:
City of Pleasanton
• Pleasanton Mayor: Britni Van Curan and Clinton J. Powell
• Councilmember District 4: No applications have been filed at this time.
• Pleasanton Councilmember District 5: Lillian Cashmer
• Pleasanton Councilmember District 6: Jennifer Garcia and Jeanne Israel
Applications may be filed physically at City Hall located at 108 Second St. in Pleasanton. You can mail in your application to P.O. Box 209, Pleasanton, TX 78064. For more information, please visit www.pleasantontx.gov/government/ elections.php.
• Pleasanton ISD District 1: Blasa F. Chapa (incumbent)
• Pleasanton ISD District 3: Patrick Hurley Jr. and Paul Bernal
• Pleasanton ISD District 4: Loren Gillespie
• Pleasanton ISD District 6: Jessica Tom
The physical address for filing applications in person for a place on the ballot is at Central Office located at 831 Stadium Dr. in Pleasanton. Please contact Marshelle Burks at 830-569-1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
City of Poteet
• Poteet Mayor: Willie Leal Jr. (incumbent), Denise Leal Sanchez and Robert Zuniga Enriquez
• Councilmember Place 4: Jeremy Fernandez and Melinda J. Orta
• Councilmember Place 5: Jesse M. Leal (incumbent) and Crystal Bautista
Applications may be filed in person at City Hall located at 491 Ave. H in Poteet. You can also mail in your application to P.O. Box 378, Poteet, TX 78065.
• Place 3: Ronnie Ambriz (incumbent)
• Place 4: No applications have been filed at this time.
• Place 5: No applications have been filed at this time.
The physical address for filing applications in person for a place on the ballot is Central Office located at 1100 School Drive in Poteet. For more information, please call Suzanne Jenschke at 830-742-3567.
If you are running for office for the upcoming May 1, 2021, election and are not listed above, please send us your name and what position you are vying for to email@example.com. The Pleasanton Express will be reminding citizens weekly in print and ongoing on social media of the importance of voting for these significant positions of leadership that greatly impact our community.