The upcoming Primary election will be held March 2020. To vote in Texas, you must be registered. February 3, 2020, is the last day to register to vote for the March 3, 2020 election.
Simply pick up a voter registration application at the Elections Office in Jourdanton, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date. Your application must be received in the Voter Registrar’s office or postmarked at least 30 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election. Early voting begins Tuesday, February 18 and ends February 28.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
• You are a United States citizen;
• You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
• You are at least 17 years and 10 months old, and you are 18 years of age on Election Day.
• You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
• You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
To learn more about registering to vote, to confirm your voter registration status or to learn what is on the ballot, please go to the Texas
Watch for the Pleasanton Express’ Voter Information Guide that will be published Wednesday, Feb. 12. The guide will give candidates profiles and positions both local and state that are running for offices in Atascosa County or districts within Atascosa County.