You only have one day left to vote for YOUR next mayor, city council and school board representative for Pleasanton and Poteet. Saturday, May 1 is Election Day.
Who you vote for will determine who leads YOUR city and/or school. If you think that your favorite candidate is popular enough to get the votes to win without yours, you’re wrong. In the last school board election, one of the most beloved and popular trustees received a mere five or so votes. Do NOT count on another person to vote for your candidate, even if you think the odds are in their favor. Also, and most importantly, pay attention to how each candidate presents themselves in general, not just in office or on paper. What are they like as a person? How much do they know about the current state of office they are running for?
Running for office are:
• Pleasanton Mayor: Britni Van Curan and Clinton J. Powell
• Pleasanton Council District 6: Jennifer Garcia and Jeanne Israel
• Pleasanton ISD District 3: Paul Bernal, Ernest Gonzales Jr. and Patrick Hurley
• Pleasanton ISD District 6: Incumbent Felipa Garza and Jessica Tom
• Poteet Mayor: Incumbent Willie Leal Jr., Denise Sanchez, Nicholas Sanchez and Robert Enriquez Zuniga
• Poteet Council Place 4: Jeremy Fernandez and Melinda J. Orta
• Poteet Council Place 5: Incumbent Jesse M. Leal and Crystal Bautista
Election Day is Saturday, May 1. Please see the graphic on 1A for polling locations for each election.
We will have free Voters’ Information Guides available at the Pleasanton Express while they last. You can also go to www.pleasantonexpress.com under the Special Sections tab on our menu where you will find the Voters’ Information Guide that was published in the April 14 issue.