Atascosa County Commissioners’ Court
Second Regular Meeting
August 24, 2015 9:00 a.m.
Ordered by Hon. Bob Hurley, Atascosa County Judge
Present were all four Commissioners, Lonnie Gillespie, (Precinct 1); William “Bill” Torans, (Precinct 2); Freddie Ogden, (Precinct 3) & Bill Carroll, (Precinct 4).
• After call to order of the Second Regular Meeting of the Commissioners’ Court, Judge Bob Hurley asked for the first item on the agenda.
• Judge Hurley asked for appropriate action concerning adoption of a resolution authorizing a ‘County Grant to Community Council of South Central Texas’ to assist with the continued delivery of meals to homebound persons in the county who are elderly, disabled and/or have a disability. Request was approved.
• Judge Hurley and Atascosa County Auditor Ray Samson presented the proposed budget for FY 2016.
They then offered an information item: An elected county officer who is agrieved by the setting of the officer’s salary or personal expenses may request a hearing before the approval of the county annual budget
Judge Hurley asked for appropriate action concerning publication of a newspaper notice on August 26, 2015 required by LCG 152.013(b) that reports any proposed increase of salaries, expenses or allowances for elected officers. Request was granted.
• Atascosa County Attorney Lucinda Vickers requested appropriate action concerning presentation/ progress report about/for the new Justice Court System. She gave a very informative update regarding the need for an additional Justice Court System complex for Atascosa County.
• Atascosa County Elections Administrator Janice Ruple requested appropriate action concerning consolidating voting boxes for the November 3, 2015 Constitutional Amendment Election.
Here are Voting Boxes and where to vote:
Voting Boxes 1, 3, 9, 15 & 20 will vote at Pleasanton Fire Station at 219 W. Hunt St., Pleasanton.
Voting Boxes 2, 12 & 24 vote at Horace Fincher Center, 14620 Priest Blvd., Lytle, Texas.
Voting Boxes 4, 21 & 11 vote at Campbellton Community Center, 305 St. Frances St., Campbellton, Texas.
Voting Boxes 6, 13, 14 & 19 vote at Jourdanton Community Center, 1101 Campbell Ave. Jourdanton, Texas.
Voting Box 18 will vote at Charlotte First Baptist Church, 173 S. Yule Ave., Charlotte, Texas.
Voting Boxes 5, 8, 10, 16, 17 & 23 vote at Poteet VFW Bldg., 9655 N. SH 16, Poteet, Texas
Voting Boxes 7 & 22 vote at Leming School, 25 E. FIfth St., Leming, Texas.
Janice Ruple then requested appropriate action concerning appointment of election judges and alternates for a 2-year term beginning Sept. 1, 2015 to August 31, 2017. Request was approved.
• Atascosa County Clerk Diane Gonzales requested appropriate action concerning approval of July, 2015 Commissioners’ Court minutes. Request was granted.
Gonzales then requested appropriate action concerning purchase of two rotary file cabinets from Bexar Graphics including delivery and setup for a total of $7,295.00.Request was approved.
• Atascosa County Treasurer Laura Pawelek requested appropriate action concerning adoption of annual resolutions as necessary for Atascosa County investment policy.
First request was a Resolution for revised Atascosa County Investment Policy. Request was granted.
Next request was a Resolution to designate the County Treasurer as the Investment Officer and County Auditor as the Alternate County Investment Officer. Request was approved.
Requested next was a Resolution designating the members of the County Investment Committee which include: The County Treasurer; County Auditor; one County Commissioner and one Citizen of Atascosa County. Request was granted.
• Assistant Atascosa County Attorney Molly Solis requested appropriate action concerning Justice Court Collections Contract/ Proposed Contracts and Resolution Authorizing Collection Fees. Asked for was approval of the termination of the contract with MVBA effective immediately. Approval of new contract for collections with Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLP, effective immediately. Approval of Resolution Authorizing Collections Fees as stated in the Resolution. There was discussion by representative from MVBA and also from Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, LLC followed by a vote by Commissioners in favor of the requested change.
Solis then requested appropriate action concerning Justice of the Peace acceptance of credit card payments and the credit card processing agreement with certified payments. Request was approved.
Solis requested appropriate action concerning Final Plat on San Antonio Acres. Request was granted .
Solis then requested appropriate action concerning right of way easement for Karnes Electric Cooperative, Inc. Request was approved.
• Assistant Atascosa County Attorney Dennis Arriaga requesed appropriate action concerning adoption of an order authorizing a fee to be recovered by the County Fire Marshal for inspections and plan reviews for fire and life safety hazards. Request was granted.
• County Judge Bob Hurley requested appropriate action concerning approval of a draft equivalent match resolution, including the paper work for the economically disadvantaged county program (EDCP), and EDCP affidavits for the project at CR 324 at Goose Creek to be submitted to TxDOT to prepare the Off System Bridge Agreement for this project with TxDOT. Request was approved.
• Atascosa County Commissioner Bill Torans, Pct. 2, gave an update concerning the Pct. 2 Justice Court Building Project. He said that the public is invited to an opening of the facilities on Thursday, September 10, 2015, from 4:00 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Ribbon cutting will be at 4:30 p.m.
• Atascosa County Commissioner Bill Carroll, Pct. 4, requested appropriate action concerning request for commercial entrance off CR 431 for Big Black Dog, LLC. Request was granted.
Comm. Carroll then requested appropriate action concerning request for a 6” pipeline permit on CR 344 South for Texstar Midstream Utility, LP. Request was approved.
Comm. Carroll requested appropriate action concerning a request for a temporary 3” polyline water line on CR 341 for Atlas Eagle Ford Operations Co., LLC. Request was granted.
• Judge Hurley requested appropriate action concerning Capital Expenditure Requests.
Then, Judge Hurley requested appropriate action concerning initial payment of $20,000.00 to Thorn+Graves Architects to be applied to the final invoice of the project for work on the Atascosa County Precinct 2 Justice of the Peace Building. Request was approved.
• District Clerk Margaret Littleton made a Capital Outlay request for 2 monitors, 2 mini PC’s, 2 Logitech MK320 WLS Combo, 2 MS Office 2013 Home & Business Discount code: POS-MGR, Titanium AV Live, software, 1 trip fee and 6 onsite labor fees. Total – $4,247.70. Request was granted.
Commissioners’ Court then went into Executive Session for deliberation regarding Real Property.
Upon returning to Regular Session, Commissioners’ Court voted to proceed as discussed regarding Real Property.
Judge Hurley asked for bills to be paid.
Honorable Atascosa County Judge Bob Hurley reminded those in attendance that the next Special Call Meeting of the Commissioners’ Court would be on Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in the County Courtroom.
Judge Hurley then mentioned that the next Regular Meeting of Commissioners’
Court would be on Monday, September 14, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
Meeting was adjourned.