November 10, 2014
Ordered by Hon. Diana Bautista, Atascosa County Judge
Present were all four Commissioners, Lonnie Gillespie, (Precinct 1); William “Bill” Torans, (Precinct 2); Freddie Ogden, (Precinct 3) & Bill Carroll, (Precinct 4).
• After call to order of the Regular Meeting of the Commissioners’ Court, Judge Bautista called on Jimmy Day, EMT-P, Atascosa County EMS, who requested appropriate action concerning personnel. He requested the employment of Heather Dugosh as an EMT-Basic at the pay rate of $9.98 per hour with $120.00 per month uniform allowance beginning 11-10-14. Request was approved.
• District Clerk Margaret Littleton asked for appropriate action concerning the employment of Leanah Goodrich as a Deputy Clerk at the pay rate of $2552.00 monthly beginning 11-10-14. Request was granted.
• Atascosa County Sheriff David Soward then requested appropriate action concerning the employment of Osvaldo Guerra as a Deputy Sheriff at the pay rate of $40,944.00 annually wih $120.00 uniform allowance beginning 11-10-14. Request was approved.
• Atascosa County Elections Administrator asked for appropriate action concerning waving the 90-day probation period for employee Sarah Mann for insurance purposes since she was a temporary employee, now permanent and has already worked 90 days. Request was granted.
• Atascosa County Treasurer Laura Pawelek requested appropriate action concerning Treasurer’s Report for October, 2014. Atascosa County had $32,214,529.94 totally invested and showed combined indebtedness of $2,116,003.15. Report was accepted.
• Atascosa County Auditor Ray Samson requested appropriate action concerning E-Mail System Policy. The purpose of this e-mail policy is to ensure the proper use of the Atascosa County e-mail system and to make users aware of what Atascosa County deems as aceptable and unacceptable use of its e-mail system. This policy outlines the minimum requirements for individual’s use within the Atacosa County e-mail system and all provided networks. Scope and policy of emails was also detailed in the report. Request was approved.
• Atascosa County Commissioner Lonnie Gillespie, Pct. 1, requested appropriate action concerning approval of Final Plat of Rancho Arroyo Subdivision Plat. Request was granted.
• Atascosa County Commissioner William Torans, Pct. 2, discussed the Pct. 2 Justice Court Building Project and informed Commissioners’ Court that construction is moving along well.
• There were no Capital Outlay Expenditure Requests, so Judge Bautista asked for Commissioners’ Court to go into Executive Session. Topic was Deliberation About Real Property.
• Meeting was called back into Open Session and Commissioners’ Court agreed to proceed along with plans concerning Real Property.
Judge Bautista ordered bills to be paid and the meeting was adjourned.
Honorable Judge Diana J. Bautista reminded those in attendance that the next Special Meeting of the Commissioners’ Court to canvas ballots would be on Monday, November 17, 2014, beginning at 9:00 a.m.