On Saturday, April 29 tragedy struck a young Pleasanton family. Four-year-old Max Heinze wandered into the back yard and into the in-ground swimming pool.
Parents of the child began CPR and called
9-1-1 at 2:52 p.m. EMS and Pleasanton Police were dispatched to the residence.
EMS transported the child from his home on Crownhill to South Texas Regional Medical Center in Jourdanton where he was pronounced dead.
Laura Heinze works at Somerset Independent School District as an elementary teacher. The community has embraced the family during this terrible tragedy with prayer gatherings and condolences, In these dark times the Bulldog Nation family will collectively carry each other through.
Incidents such as this happen in the blink of an eye.
Pool Safety Tips
1. Surround your pool area with a solid fence thats at least 4-ft. tall and impossible to climb.
2. Install a passive locking system on your fence that automatically locks each time it is closed.
3. Never leave young children in or around your pool unsupervisedeven for a minute.
4. Keep the pool filter more than 3 feet away from the pool to prevent children from using it as a ladder.
5. Always keep a phone, buoy and first aid kit on hand.