Chief Priest’s Weekly Report



Greetings from Lytle PD, The weekly police blotter has been posted to our website on Feel free to call me (830- 709-0277) or email me (richard. with any questions.

What’s happening at Lytle PD? Well, last week we had 61 service calls, the exact same as the week prior. In general the community is moving about at a steady pace, but anytime that school is out, there is a very noticeable lack of traffic.

Property crimes were spread out throughout the week. They included:

Two stolen cell phones, one from the counter at AutoZone and one from a counter at H-E-B. So, the moral of story is don’t put your phone down, either talk/text/check Facebook all the time or put it in your pocket. It looks like somebody “shot” out two windows of the city’s Park Dept. truck, possibly with a BB or pellet gun. Perhaps they are upset with the playgrounds being closed or the restrooms being locked up. A U-Haul truck that was reported stolen on April 30 was also recovered in San Antonio on May 14.

We had some “good” arrests last week. It started on Monday. We were dispatched to the drive thru at Lytle State Bank for a report of a fellow trying to cash a stolen check. When all was done, Lt. Dear and Cpl. Robison located over $1,000 in fake US Currency. The fellow was arrested and we called in the US Secret Service and they sent an agent down to assist us. The suspect was also charged with Felon in Possession of Firearm. Good job Lt. Dear and Cpl. Robison!

The Whataburger drive thru snagged another DWI. A nice fellow fell asleep while waiting for his order, his foot was on the brake and transmission in drive. Luckily, nobody got hurt. Capt. Reyes and Ofc. Peña took care of the situation, the driver was booked into the Atascosa Co. Jail for DWI (2nd Offense).

Sgt. Hanson made a traffic stop on Main St. and determined the driver and the passenger both had active warrants. The driver had two out of Comal Co. (one felony and one misdemeanor) while the passenger had a misdemeanor warrant out of Bexar Co. Good job Sgt. Hanson!

The state had a COVID 19 test site in Lytle this past Saturday. We had an officer (Cpl. Robison) on location and the city provided lunch to the testing team. I was told that 56 tests were conducted. I think the results take about 3-5 days to get back.

I always make sure I don’t leave home without my weapon, but now I have had to add a mask and sanitizer to the list. If I have grandkids one day, I wonder if they will hear about the time their grandfather wore a gun and mask and carried sanitizer … will they think I was a “clean freak bandit” or something?

RICHEY PRIEST is the Lytle Chief of Police. You may reach him at richard.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *