Those wishing to file for a place on either the Jourdanton ISD School Board or Charlotte ISD School Board Election Ballot may begin doing so on Saturday, July 18. Deadline is Monday, Aug. 17. The election is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 3.
The physical address for filing applications in person for a place on the ballot is: Jourdanton ISD, 200 Zanderson Avenue, Jourdanton, Texas 78026. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The address to mail applications for a place on the JISD ballot is: Janice Ruple, Election Administrator, 914 Main Street, Suite 115, Jourdanton, Texas 78026.
JISD Trustees up for re-election this year are: District 1- Vance Jupe, District 2- Rita Muñoz, District 3- Phillip Netardus and District 5- Greg Vyvlecka.
The physical address for filing applications in person for a place on the ballot is: Charlotte ISD Administration Office, 102 E. Hindes, Charlotte, Texas 78011. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Those filing by mail need to mail their applications to: Charlotte ISD, P.O. Box 366, Charlotte, Texas 78011.
CISD Trustees with a term expiring in 2020 are: Place 3- Christina Campos, Place 6- Melissa Romo and Place 7- John Mark Harvey.
Eligibility requirements to run for school board trustee:
According to the Texas Election Code, an individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
1. Is a United States citizen;
2. Is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
3. Has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
4. Has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the individual has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
5. Has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date: a. For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot; b. For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or c. For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
6. Is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at #5 above; and
7. Satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.