Applications are now available for anyone wishing to file for a place on the ballot for Pleasanton, Poteet and Lytle city council or school boards. Deadline to file is Friday, Feb. 12. The election is scheduled for Saturday, May 1, 2021.
Pleasanton City Council
This year, the City of Pleasanton will hold an election for the offices of Mayor and Councilmember for Districts 4, 5 and 6. Each of these offices will be for a three-year term.
Offices up for re-election are: Mayor – Travis Hall Jr., District 4 – JR Gallegos, District 5 – Robert Earl Wood and District 6 – Britni Van Curan.
Applications may be filed physically at City Hall located at 108 Second St. in Pleasanton. You can mail in your application to P.O. Box 209, Pleasanton, TX 78064.
For more information, please visit www.pleasantontx. gov/government/ elections.php.
Poteet City Council
City of Poteet offices up for election this year are Mayor, Place 4 and Place 5. These offices are for a twoyear term.
Offices up for re-election this year are: Mayor – Willie Leal Jr., Place 4 – Rick Castillon and Place 5 – Jesse M. Leal.
Applications may be filed in person at City Hall located at 491 Ave. H in Poteet. You can also mail in your application to P.O. Box 378, Poteet, TX 78065.
Lytle City Council
Please contact Lytle City Hall at 830-709-3692 for information regarding filing an application for a place on the ballot for Lytle City Council. You may also stop by City Hall at 14916 Main St. in Lytle.
Pleasanton ISD Trustees up for re-election this year are: District 1 – Blasa F. Chapa, District 3 – Frank A. Tudyk Jr., District 4 – Danny L. Brown and District 6 – Felipa Garza.
The physical address for filing applications in person for a place on the ballot is at Central Office located at 831 Stadium Drive in Pleasanton. Please contact Marshelle Burks at 830-569-1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Poteet ISD Trustees up for re-election are: Place 3 – Ronnie Ambriz, Place 4 – Jo Marie Cervantez and Place 5 – Yvette Navarro.
The physical address for filing applications in person for a place on the ballot is Central Office located at 1100 School Drive in Poteet. For more information, please call Suzanne Jenschke at 830- 742-3567.
Lytle ISD Trustees up for re-election are: Nan Boyd and Anthony Reyna.
The physical address for filing applications in person for a place on the ballot is the Lytle Administration Office located at 15437 Cottage Street in Lytle. You can also mail in your application to P.O. Box 745, Lytle, TX 78052.
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of school board member, a person must:
1. Be a United States citizen.
2. Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or the date of appointment, as applicable.
3. Have not been determined by a final judgment of court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
4. Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
5. Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date: a. For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot. b. For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in. c. For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
6. Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at item 5, above.