A fire erupted on the 800 block of North Main Street in Pleasanton around 9:15 a.m. on Tuesday, January 28, 2014. EMS was called on standby, but no injuries were reported. The structure was a total loss. Pleasanton Elementary was not put under lock down, but recess was canceled and PISD kept children indoors to avoid contact with the smoke, according to Linda Hall, Director of Public Relations for Pleasanton I.S.D.
Pleasanton, Jourdanton, Leming, Poteet and Rossville volunteer Fire Departments responded. The fire was under control by 10:30 a.m.
There were conflicting reports from eye-witnesses about whether or not a propane tank had exploded, but Pleasanton Police Department said that there was no such explosion.