Enter poster contest to promote Fiesta at Pleasanton Market Days
To kick off the 2012 Pleasanton Market Days which is slated for Saturday, October 20, on Main Street, the Pleasanton Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (PHCC) is launching a poster contest to highlight the theme which is: “Fiesta at Pleasanton Market Days.”
The contest is being led by PHCC Youth Director Cassie Ortiz and PR Committee Member Rebecca C. Trevino. The following rules approved by the PHCC Market Days Committee apply:
1. The posters should depict the 2012 theme of Market Days which is “Fiesta at Pleasanton Market Days.”
2. Eligible contestants: Any person living in Atascosa County.
3. Each artist is permitted only one entry and that entry must be original artwork of that artist and must not have appeared in a previous poster, promotion or event and no computer graphics or web designs are permitted. Collaborations are not permitted meaning one artist per entry.
4. Posters must be at least 18”x18” in size but may be larger. The material and medium used to create the poster is decided by the artist, example: the poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, oil, acrylic or watercolor paint.
5. Contestants must not sign or identify themselves on the front of the entry to assure that there is no appearance that judging is not solely on artistic merit.
6. Artist information including full name and contact information must be affixed to the back of entries.
7. PHCC and affiliates are not responsible for lost or damaged entries.
8. Entries must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. September 24, 2012.
9. Entries must be submitted by delivering them between 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday or between 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday to the Art on Main Gallery on 217 ½ North Main Street in Pleasanton; entries may also be submitted by arranging for delivery by calling Cassie at 210-413-4169.
10. PHCC plans for entries to be judged by art teachers at Charlotte ISD, Jourdanton ISD, Pleasanton ISD and Poteet ISD on September 25 or 26, 2012.
11. Unveiling and announcement of winners will be conducted by Pleasanton Mayor Clint Powell at the Art on Main Gallery on Saturday, September 29, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. The unveiling will be celebrated with a reception where refreshments will be served. The public is invited to this celebration to honor the artists and witness the unveiling.
12. Four prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Prize: $100
2nd Prize: $75
3rd Prize: $50
Honorable Mention: $25
13. The four winning posters will become the property of PHCC.
14. The four winning posters will be displayed at Art on Main Gallery for two weeks after the unveiling.
15. Posters of the all entries will be displayed during Market Days. Artists of posters which did not place may call Cassie or Rebecca Trevino at 281-5722 to arrange for return of the posters after October 20.
PHCC knows that we have many talented local artists - so let’s show it by helping promote the theme of “FIESTA AT PLEASANTON MARKET DAYS” and at the same time support the 2012 Pleasanton Market Days with your artistic talent.