Cougar Days 2012: Orientation for new students for Coastal Bend
Find out what to expect during your first days of college by attending Cougar Days at any one of four Coastal Bend College campuses Alice, Beeville, Kingsville or Pleasanton. Students are free to attend whichever Cougar Days location is most convenient regardless of where the student will attend classes in the fall. Registration for Cougar Days 2012 is available online at www.coastalbend.edu/cougardays and is completely free to all attendees. Students are allowed to bring one guest and lunch will be provided. Students who register online will receive a free Cougar Days t-shirt, while supplies last. Pleasanton’s orientation day will be Thursday, July 26. Registration deadline is Monday, July 23.
To be eligible to register for fall 2012 classes on Cougar Days, students must bring/have:
1. Already submitted proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination (advisors will be able to assist students with this step if student has the vaccination record with them);
2. Social Security Number;
3. THEA, Compass or Accuplacer scores or evidence of exemptions (ACT, SAT, TAKS, etc.);
4. Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended before entering CBC (high school or college);
5. License plate number for obtaining parking permit; and,
6. TDCJ ID, if you are employed at the McConnell or Garza units and reside in Bee County.
Cougar Days at all campuses begins with registration at 8 a.m. and ends at 12:30 p.m.
As an incoming freshman, you are required to complete Coastal Bend College orientation. If you cannot attend one of our Cougar Days, you must complete online orientation before registering for courses. You may complete orientation at www.coastalbend.edu. Please call Sandra Walsh at (361) 354-2266 for additional information about Cougar Days 2012.