Still nerdy at thirty
In the midst of turning 30 this week, I’ve compiled a list of 30 things I’d like to do while I’m 30. My plan is to do them all or at least give them all a dang good go and blog a bit about them on the way.
That being said I’m giving myself one year to:
1. More roller coasters: There is just something about the adrenaline of a super high, super fast, flipping roller coaster that just does it for me. As a teen I was Queen of Coasters. We were never afraid to jump on one in the front seat or anywhere else for that matter.
2. Perfect push up: My arms have always been my weak link in the very small athletic world I’ve created for myself. While I can do one heck of a “girl push up” I have the need to be able to do a real one in perfect form. And when I say perfect I mean perfect.
3. Dance more: Now I was always dancing as a kid, but in the later years the music may move me, but it doesn’t seem to move my feet. Dances were my favorite place to be as a teen. I used to know them all and I’m hoping to still be able to do some of them. I am determined to glide myself back on a dance floor (hint hint husband).
4. The End: I have been writing a novel for a few years now and I’d like to get it finished. I don’t want it published or anything. Just the accomplishment of actually completing it would be enough. I’m sure the glow of the laptop has kept my husband up enough nights.
5. Spar: As of now I have not spared in Taekwondo. I have been learning everything that way I will be ready when it is time to spar. I’m not so much afraid of getting hit, I really just want to know what I’m doing when I go into it.
6. Get wild: While I do love the San Antonio Zoo, I have never been to any other zoo (at least that I can remember). I would like to take my kids to a different zoo. Perhaps, Houston or Fort Worth ot start with?
7. Camp out: The last time we went camping we only had one kid. That’s how long it’s been. There are now two more campers and yet we still haven’t made an effort to camp. I always liked going camping, but never a big fan of the fishing. I’d rather read or write and enjoy the outdoors.
8. Girls weekend: I’d like to go have a girls weekend. Just a nice weekend away with the girls to lay around, reminisce, and enjoy each others company as if we didn’t have a care in the world.
9. Garden: I’d really like to start a small vegetable garden, but I tend to kill all plants in my vicinity. Hoping to get at least a couple of plants producing.
10.VEGAS BABY!: Haven’t been to Vegas yet. Hopefully this will be my year. Preferably on a weekend that UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) is in town.
11. Bake it: I’ve never baked anything from scratch on my own and I’d like to give it a try. Nothing too hard. If you have a suggestion email me.
12. Walk it out: I’d like to participate in one of the various fund raising events in which you walk. Like Race for the Cure or Walk for Autism. I’ve always wanted to, but never quite got there. I think it would be good to take the kids as well. Of course, I would bring strollers.
13. Buy a bike and use it: No explanation here. Just need to do it.
14. Get cookin’: Trying new recipes doesn’t come easy for me, but I’m willing to continue to try and add more to my home menu. Problem is my kids usually don’t like whatever I try. LOL However, I am going to do some searching through my mother’s recipe box and see what she’s got.
15. Soak it up: I’d like to soak up all the wisdom, advice and general fabulousness of the strong women in my life; my mother, my sister, grandmothers, aunts and friends.
As to not bore you with much more, here are the Cliff’s Notes on the other 15.
16. Watch sun set in a different time zone
17. Play in the rain with the kids
18. Weekend getaway with my husband
19. Start a rubber band gun war in the office (Shhh don’t tell anyone ;)
20. Sew something useful
21. Keep my kitchen clean for longer than a day (then again maybe not)
22. Go to the shooting range with my husband
23. Watch more movies in the theater
24. Play dominoes with my grandpa
25. Unplug at least one day a month (no electronics whatsoever)
26. Put batteries in my Maglight flashlight
27. Make arroz con pollo
28. Kiss my children more
29. Start a slow clap with Rambling Robbie
30. Live through the zombie apocalypse