• May is Motorcycle Awareness Month. Share the Road. May 15
• A Book Fair will be held at the Jourdanton Com. Center on Wed.
May 15, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. New children’s books available Cash only, no credit cards or checks. Questions call Jourdanton Library,769-3087. May 15 & 20
•Mother’s Day Out meets on Mondays & Wednesdays from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at St. Matthews. Bible-based curriculum teaches God’s love and care through age appropriate lessons. For more information, please call the director, Katrina, at (210) 326-9505. May 16
• Local Longhorn group meets Thursday evenings at 7 p.m. at All
Saint’s Episcopal Church in Pleas., Hwy. 97 West, next to Whiffeltree’s.
• On-going classes at the Refuge Parenting make up classes are
Thursday at 4 p.m. Regular parenting classes are Thursday at 5 p.m.
Parenting Boys is Thursday at 6 p.m. Questions call 569-0030.
•Pleasanton AA Newcomers group meets Thursday at 8:15 p.m. at
914 Ohio St. in Pleasanton. May 16 & 20
•Community Charity Bingo - Mondays and Thursdays starting at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. at Jourdanton VFW Post 4853, 809 Oak St. May 16 & 21
•Moms Day Out at First UMC, 420 N. Main St. in Pleasanton, every
Tues. & Thurs. Gives moms that much needed time, from 9 a.m. to
3 p.m. For ages 3-5. For details call Marcela Planchet at 569-2939,
Mandy Macklin at 200-7882, or Jamie Jordan at 569-2880.
•Pleasanton Group N/A meetings at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 914 Ohio St. in Pleasanton. Call 210-381-8770. May 17
•TOPS #1509 Pleasanton meets Friday at 201 N. Main St.
(Crosspoint) from 8:30 a.m.-11 a.m. For details call 830-200-9922. May 18
• The Tumlinson Cemetery Association of Leming will hold its annual work project on Sat. May 18, at 8 a.m. The business meeting starts at 11 a.m. with a potluck luncheon following. Membership dues of $20 per adult is also due. Come prepared to tear down the outhouse and burn some brush piles. Questions contact Danny Brown,
210-218-2669 or Kay Clarkson, 830-570-4672.
• The Bigfoot Volunteer Fire Department will be having their
Spring fundraiser on Saturday, May 18, at the Bigfoot Park. We will open at 9 a.m. serving starts at 11 a.m. Chicken or sausage plates.
Cookies sold separately. Craft booths available. We will also be collecting items to donate to Hospice in Devine. If you are interested in having a craft booth or need more information contact Laura Bush at
• City Limits Auto-Truck-Bike Expo at the Pleasanton River Park,
May 18. Free admission. Live music, food, cold drinks, games and more.
All ages, all “Ridez” welcome! Vendor space available. For info call
Gino at 210-584-0133.
• Atascosa County and Atascosa County Historical Commission invite you to join in celebrating the Atascosa County Courthouse
Centennial. It will be Saturday, May 18, beginning at 10 a.m. at the
Courthouse in Jourdanton. There will be refreshments and a tour of the courthouse after the ceremony. May 19
•Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church in Leming is holding its
Annual Church Festival on Sunday, May 19, 11 a.m. - ?. Across street from church on Hackberry St. in Leming. B-b-q plates, auction, coronation, dance,games, vendors, drinks, cakewalk & more; fun for all ages. For more info call Olivia Rendon 210-705-3020. May 20
•Pleasanton Group Alcoholics Anonymous group meets every Monday at 7 p.m. and Sat. at 10 a.m. Meetings at 914 Ohio St. in Pleasanton.
• On-Going Classes at the Refuge: Connect -building a better relationship- Monday 1 p.m., any questions Please call the Refuge at
•Jourdanton Alcoholic Anonymous group meets each Monday at
7:30 p.m. at St. Matthew’s Catholic Church, 1608 Campbell Ave. in
Jourdanton. Help is free. For details call John at 769-4392. May 21
• Immigration attorney Patrick Callahan to speak at the May 21, meeting of the Brush Country Republican Women. He will discuss the newest immigration bill. Mr. Callahan has recently published a book entitled, Military Injustice. 6:30 p.m.- refreshments at the Rotary
Building, Poteet Strawberry Festival Grounds; meeting at 7 p.m. Call
Marian Knowlton at 210.831.6079 for more info. May 22
•Pleasanton Lodge 283 is holding a called meeting on May 22, E.A. degree at 6:30 p.m. Visiting brothers welcome. May 27
• Pleasanton Masonic Lodge #283 will host a meeting the fourth
Monday of each month. Dinner at 6:30, Virginia and Main Street,
Pleasanton. Call 281-8776 for information. May 28
•The Veteran’s Peer to Peer Support group will meet at the Cancun Mexican Restaurant, 1411 Jiffy Ave in Jourdanton from 5 - 7 p.m., on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month. Next meetings: June 11 & 25. June 12
• The Historical Commission holds regular meetings the second
Wednesday of the month at the Jourdanton Community Center at
9:30 a.m. Next meeting will be June 10 at the Verdi Community Center.